Sandra K. Athans is National Board Certified practicing literacy specialist and consultant, her educational services focusing on elementary-level literacy. She is also the author of numerous popular teacher books, her areas of expertise addressing:
• Writing Skills and Strategies for the 21st Century
• Common Core Learning Standards
• Close Reading Strategies
• Informational Text
• Differentiated Instruction
• Reading Comprehension, Guided Reading, & Small Group Instruction
• Content-Area Reading Instruction
• The Integration of Technology and Literacy Instruction
• Student Motivation
• Teacher Leaders & Team Collaboration
In her professional development workshops, she delivers current, tried-and-tested practices that work in today’s classrooms. She is a requested speaker and presenter and shares with audiences her successful methods for engaging students, grades K – 6, and improving their experiences and performance in literacy.
She has been awarded over 15 Literacy and Research Grants and has coached numerous teams of teachers who share her passion for student growth and skill development in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Sandra is also a children’s author. Tales from the Top of the World and Secrets of the Sky Caves are two of her acclaimed books. Enjoy highlights of these works by visiting “Children’s Author” in the menu section. In addition to her own creative writing activities, Sandra champions her students’ interests in writing and publishing.