Cross-Grade-Level Partnerships and Team Collaboration in Literacy, Grades K – 6.
An integrated, cross-grade-level approach to best-practice literacy instruction promises to be more effective than scattered clusters of well-intentioned individuals doing their ‘own thing.’ Yet, creating instructional continuity among multiple grades can be tricky; adaptations may be needed for materials and methods to ensure both are grade-level appropriate. Also, establishing time for teacher collaboration can be difficult. This workshop is designed for teacher leaders, literacy specialists and coaches, administrators, and other individuals who wish to investigate ways to establish and conduct cross-grade-level collaborative teams to achieve high-impact instructional continuity in their approach to literacy instruction. Participants will:
• Explore a successful model of team collaboration.
• Learn key factors that contribute to a team’s success.
• Recognize solutions to common stumbling blocks.
• Evaluate their needs based on their team’s objectives.
• Design their unique collaborative plan for literacy.