Make a Difference in Differentiated Instruction; Turning-Up the Volume on Student Voice –
The Untapped Resource! Grades 2 – 6.
Research informs us that the single greatest factor contributing to student academic success is the classroom teacher – specifically the positive relationships a teacher builds with his/her students. This practical workshop helps teachers explore how they can make BIG differences in their differentiated instruction by building productive partnerships with students. Through five simple lessons, teachers turn-up the volume on student voice – ways students express and exhibit ideas, beliefs, attitudes, needs, and knowledge – and uncover untapped avenues that enable them to interact, communicate, and affect each student uniquely. Participants will:
• Grasp the new role of students in differentiated classrooms.
• Learn how to move toward authentic guidance and natural communication.
• Explore ways to match students’ interests to the curriculum.
• Identify new points of entry for student learning.
• Spark student enthusiasm and passion.