Monitoring & Assessing Your Guided Reading Activities, Grades 1 – 6.
You’ve mastered the basics of multiple group instruction – students in your three to five reading groups have leveled materials aligned to their skill, your rotation schedule enables you to meet with groups routinely, and your students are comfortable with the procedures you’ve established. But how successful is your guided-reading instruction? For many, the answer to this question is uncertain. How do you determine the effectiveness of your instruction, especially when so many factors must be considered? This practical workshop helps you to ensure that that your guided-reading approach is as successful as it could be. Participants will:
• Determine if their assessments align with their instruction.
• Consider ways to build reliable monitoring methods into their instruction.
• Explore multiple avenues to support assessment findings.
• Learn methods of conducting mini research studies to gather assessment evidence.
• Devise classroom ready rubrics and other devices that align with their instructional objectives.