Motivating Every Student in Literacy, Including the Highly Unmotivated! Grades 2 – 6.
This hands-on workshop provides an array of research-based methods of addressing one of the greatest barriers that prevents students from realizing their potential – lack of motivation. Unique to this workshop is the focus on improving student motivation within literacy-based activities – reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing, and thinking. Linking motivation and literacy together offers a practical starting point to tackle a difficult issue and also addresses a problem that can affect student performance across the curriculum. Participants will:
• Discover classroom-tested strategies to help bolster student motivation.
• Improve the effectiveness of their instruction and support activities.
• Explore ways to assist students whose motivational challenges are pervasive.
• Consider ways to partner with others – educators, specialists, and parents – to strengthen their motivation improvement efforts.
• Create their own unique Motivation Improvement Action Plan based on their individual needs.